A letter of recommendation is a kind of a letter which is written by a person to recommend another individual for a job position, academic program or any other title. These letters are generally attached by aspirants along with their application letters and resumes and give them enough backing. Letters of recommendation are used to state the reasons why the candidate is suitable for the position for which he/she is applying and talk about his/her positive points. These letters must be written based on the experience that the sender has had with applicant and must consist of only authentic details. If you are looking for a few tips and suggestions for writing letters of recommendation, then please refer to the following points.
- The letter of recommendation must start with the name, designation and address of the recipient. You should also write the name of the organisation to which the letter is addressed to.
- The date of writing of the letter must be mentioned in date/month/year format after the recipient’s details.
- The subject line of the letter of recommendation must mention the name of the person for whom recommendation is being made.
- In the body of the letter, you must state how you know the candidate and for how long you have known him/her. The body must be carefully divided into 2 or 3 parts and the second paragraph should be used to give the positive attributes and qualities of the candidate. Do not write any false information and try to stick to the honest points.
- It is also important to mention the course that you taught to the applicant (if a teacher is writing the letter) or the position at which the candidate has worked for you (if you are a senior of the applicant).
- Also, mention your own working position and name of organisation with which you are employed in the letter.