An application letter is a kind of a letter which is used by an individual to apply for a certain designation, position, request approval etc in a company or an organisation. These letters are mostly formal in nature and must be written by adopting the formal way of writing the letter. Application letters are of various kinds and some of the major types include job application letters, admission application letter, academic application letter, sports application letters etc. An application letter must be framed carefully by laying stress on each of the points. If you want to frame a good application letter, then the following tips and suggestions can be useful for you.
- To write an application letter, you must be sure of the kind of application it is. For example, if you are writing a job application letter, then the name of the exact job title you are interested in should be mentioned clearly in the subject line or on the top of the letter.
- An application letter must be written in a formal tone and should not sound forceful or over confident in any way. You are submitting your application and requesting for it to be considered and therefore make the letter sound like a request and not an order.
- Do not lie or over exaggerate your skills and qualifications. Be honest and do not give any false information for it may be caught by the employer at some point or the other.
- It is important to mention briefly about your previous work experiences, if any. This will help the employer to judge you better and know about the exposure you have experienced.
- Do not forget to mention your contact details at the end of the letter so that the employer or recipient can contact you if the need arises.